This a cooperation initiative to enhance the GAW program in the Macaronesian region. This collaboration is between the AZores Observation NETwork (AZONET) and the IARC. The main topics of interest will be developed are the following:
· Total ozone QA/QC through the RBCC-E.
· Data dissemination using the Iberonesia interface.
· Joint research on tropospheric ozone over the North Atlantic.
· Intercomparison of sun photometers
· Transference of calibrations, implementation and validation of new AOD algorithms in UV range with the Brewer spectrophotometer.
· Intercomparison of black-carbon instruments.