Participation in the 8th International Workshop on Sand/Duststorms and Associated Dustfall
The Izaña Atmospheric Research Center has participated in “8th International Workshop on Sand/Duststorms and Associated Dustfall”, which was held in Lisbon (Portugal) from 1 to 4 May 2016.
The goal of DUST/Workshop is to present results and to discuss how to enhance our understanding of dust storm mechanisms and their links and feedbacks between desert dust, air quality, radiation, clouds, water budget and health impacts.
The following contributions were shown:
- “Trans-Atlantic African Dust Transport Under El Niño 2015 Scenario” M.I. García, J.M. Próspero, S. Rodríguez, P. Zuidema, E. Sosa, A. Alastuey, F. Lucarelli, G. Calzola and J. López-Solano.
- “Trends in the Saharan Air Layer Composition Observed at Izaña-Tenerfe” S. Rodríguez.
- “Long-term recovering of aerosol optical depth from 1941 to 2013 at the Izaña Atmospheric Observatory”, R.D. García, O.E.García, E. Cuevas, S. Rodríguez, V.E. Cachorro, A. Barreto, C. Guirado-Fuentes, J.J. Bustos, P.M. Romero and A.M. de Frutos.
- “The new sun-sky lunar CIMEL CE318-T multiband photometer new calibration methods and a comprehensive performance evaluation” A. Barreto, E. Cuevas, M. J. Granados-Muñoz, L. Alados-Arboledas, P. M. Romero, J. Gröbner, N. Kouremeti, A. F. Almansa, T. Stone, C. Toledano, R. Román, M. Sorokin, B. Holben, M. Canini and M. Yela
- “WMO SDS-WAS: towards continuous evaluation of dust models in Northern Africa” S. Basart, G. García-Castrillo, E. Cuevas and E. Terradellas.
Organizers: Nuno Canha, Marta Almeida, Casimiro Pio, Celia Alves, Y.S. Chung
Sergio Rodríguez (Centro de Investigación Atmosférica de Izaña / Izaña Atmospheric Research Centre)
Sara Basart (BSC)
Christos Spyrou (University of Athens)
Judith Chow (DRI), Lluis Vendrell (BSC)
Andrés Alastuey (CSIC), Victoria Cachorro (Univ Valladolid)
Prof Y.S. Chung (Korea National University of Education)