Participation in the NDACC-IRWG/TCCON 2014 Meeting
The Izaña Atmospheric Research Center, together with the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, have presented ten studies in the “NDACC-IRWG/TCCON 2014 Meeting“, which was held in Bad Sulza (Germany) from 12 to 16 May 2014.
This conference, jointly organised by the networks TCCON (Total Carbon Column Observing Network) and the infrared group of NDACC (Network for the Detection of Atmospheric Composition Change), is the annual meeting of all the international groups working with the FTIR technique (Fourier Transform InfraRed) for monitoring the atmospheric composition. Within this forum, the new improvements on the FTIR technique are shown as well as the current research studies using this measurement system.
Part of the researchers from the KIT, AEMET and UNAM (Universidad Autónoma de México) attending to the meeting.
The following scientific contributions were shown:
- Barthlott, S., M. Schneider, F. Hase, A. Wiegele, E. Christner, Y. González, T. Blumenstock, S. Dohe, O. E. García, E. Sepúlveda, K. Strong, D. Weaver, M. Palm, N. M. Deutscher, T. Warneke, J. Notholt, B. Lejeune, P. Demoulin, N. Jones, D. W. T. Griffith, D. Smale, J. Robinson, and E. Kyro: Quality assessment of MUSICA/FTIR datasets.
- Dohe, S., F. Hase, E. Sepúlveda, O.E. García, D. Wunch, P. Wennberg, A. Gómez-Peláez, J.B. Abshire, S.C. Wofsy, M. Schneider, and T. Blumenstock: CO2 profile retrievals from TCCON spectra.
- García, O.E., M. Schneider, F. Hase, T. Blumenstock, E. Sepúlveda, A. Gómez-Peláez, S. Barthlott, S. Dohe, Y. González, F. Meinhardt and M. Steinbacher, Monitoring of N2O by ground-based FTIR: optimisation of retrieval strategies and comparison to GAW insitu observations IRWG.
- García, O.E., M. Schneider, F. Hase, T. Blumenstock, E. Sepúlveda, E. Cuevas, A. Redondas, A. Gómez-Peláez and J.J. Bustos, Effect of updates in LINEFTIT and PROFFIT at Izaña ground-based FTIR: improvement of the ILS characterisation and intra-day pressure and temperature variability.
- González, Y., M. Schneider, C. Dyroff, E. Christner, O.E. García, S. Rodríguez, and E. Sepúlveda, Water vapour isotopologues footprints observed at local and regional scales in the Subtropical North Atlantic region.
- Kühl, S., O. E. García, A. Gómez Peláez, A. Redondas, P.M. Campos, E. Sepúlveda, M. Schneider, A. Wiegele, S. Dohe, S. Barthlott, F. Hase and T. Blumenstock, VALIASI – Validation of IASI level 2 products by GB-FTIR measurements.
- Schneider, M., et al., MUSICA update.
- Schneider, M., T. Blumenstock, F. Hase, O.E. García and E. Sepúlveda, Izaña site report.
- Sepúlveda, E., M. Schneider, F. Hase, S. Barthlott, D. Dubravica, O.E. García, A. Gómez-Pelaez, Y. González, J.C. Guerra, M. Gisi, R. Kohlhepp, S. Dohe, T. Blumenstock, K. Strong, D. Weaver, M. Palm, A. Sadeghi, N.M. Deutscher, T. Warneke, J. Notholt, N. Jones, D.W.T. Griffith, D. Smale, G.W. Brailsford, J. Robinson, F. Meinhardt, M. Steinbacher, T. Aalto and D. Worthy: Tropospheric CH4 signals as observed by NDACC FTIR at globally distributed sites and comparison to GAW surface in-situ measurements.
- Wiegele, A., NDACC/FTIR as an essential validation resource of METOP/IASI water vapour isotoplogue data.
For further information about meeting please refer to: http://www.bgc-jena.mpg.de/bgc-systems/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Events/IRWG-TCCON2014